Lithium-ion Batteries have high energy density and low memory, and are found in battery-powered equipment, solar power applications, as well as automotive devices. To safely and efficiently use a Batteries, managing the series connected cells is important. Panasonic's Battery Monitoring IC offers a high precision AD converter for 16-series cells to accurately measure voltage, charge/discharge current, and can equalize cell voltage. This IC also has the protection function for Battery voltage and over-current detection.
Features / Benefits
- Monitoring up to 16-series lithium-ion cells
- High-performance by SOI (Silicon On Insulator) process
- High accuracy from low to high temperatures
- Stabilize a circuit by reducing noise
- Latch-up Free
- Controlling cell by Integrated Circuit reduces the number of parts, circuit board area and costs