Last Updated: March 23, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register online for a downloadable piece of content, submit a question or comment or otherwise participate in the interactive features of the Services, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party industry media or social media sites, request customer support, contact us via our support number or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, postal code, company name, title, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, product information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Please note, we do not collect account information when you register for an account to participate in certain interactive areas of the Services (such as the technical forum or our blog) as these registrations are with a third party provider, but we do collect the information you choose to post publicly in these interactive areas.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by PIDSA and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of PIDSA and others;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With resellers and distributors of PIDSA products, to allow such entities to communicate with you and provide you with marketing offers and/or other information, where lawfully permitted.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of PIDSA or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among PIDSA and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies or entities under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
PIDSA takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time contacting us as described below. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from PIDSA by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Panasonic Corporation of North America
Two Riverfront Plaza, Twelfth Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07102-5490
Attn: Privacy Administrator